- Dad loves sports. Neither he nor I are a natural-born athlete, but Dad taught me that you don't need to be one to enjoy sports.
- Dad gets involved in things his kids are interested in. When I became a NASCAR fan, so did my Dad. When my sister got involved in showing horses, my Dad got interested.
- Dad sacrifices for his family. When my daughter was born, he drove with Mom and Sarah through the night, almost 1000 miles to see Savannah the next weekend. Since then, he's made more trips down to see us, knowing that it's difficult to make that drive with a baby. He could have chosen to fly, but Mom is terrified of airplanes, so he bit the bullet and drove.
- Dad cares about humanity. It isn't enough for him to have accepted God's call to be a music minister. When God led him to involvement with the Habitat for Humanity organization, Dad stepped out of his comfort zone and decided to help provide a place to live for honest, hardworking people whose luck hasn't been as good as most of ours.
- Dad never limited our dreams. When I was doing the great American college search, Dad flew all over the country with me, never seeming to care how far away a school was, or trying to sway my opinion in any way. I ended up choosing one of his alma maters, Florida State University
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Father's Day
Thought I should take a moment to say thanks to my dad. It's Father's Day and I did some thinking about things I appreciate about Dad that I may not have thanked him for:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment